3-6 Month Contract | Walnut Creek, CA
Consider a challenging contract working on a variety of projects for a healthcare leader, leveraging technology to provide better service to patients (customers).
If you have intermediate-level experience with CISCO technologies, especially wireless technology implementations, this is a great gig! Part time telecommute is available for those who are proven performers.
In this role, we are seeking someone who:
Plans, designs and implements networked systems from requirements-gathering, design to implementation and delivery. This position is also expected to design networks in a modern internet era and converse with the latest network experts in the field.
· Wireless AP Upgrade
· WLC Firmware Upgrade
· Secondary WLC (we may have approval to procure this year)
· Core switch replacement
· Misc legacy switch replacement
· Misc Cisco device configuration
· General LAN/WAN/Wireless/Anyconnect VPN troubleshooting
· Intermediate level Cisco core competencies including: switches/routers, Nexus preferred along with other Cisco products
· Strong wireless networking experience including deployment and support in an enterprise environment
· Some level of design experience, either on your own or as part of a team
· Project and time management skills – We do not need a PMO/PMP but rather someone who can take a project from soup to nuts on their own, including (but not limited to) planning, prioritization, task assignment, documentation, rollout and support. Must be prepared to articulate a clear example of such a project.
· Demonstrated initiative and strong troubleshooting experience in a large enterprise-scale environment with multiple device and protocol usage