Ready to contribute to your community and help underserved by applying your strong analytical skills? Our growing client, located in Sacramento, who has served the underserved for 30 years is hiring a Project Manager- Clinical Informatics.
In this role, the ideal candidate will drive the optimization of EMR and analytics technology by managing a suite of projects that will ultimately improve patient outcomes.
Our client is continually improving the environment and technology to serve patients. This role will work in a cross-matrixed function interacting with executive leadership and the clinical staff to ensure training, documentation, and workflow enhancements are at an optimum.
Full-Time Direct Hire
Salary $110,000 – $120,000 Per Year depending on experience
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP OR TRANSFER.
We are seeking someone who possesses strong analytical skills and ability to independently plan, facilitate, and coordinate all activities of a multidisciplinary project team, and maintain project timelines. Must thrive in a faced paced environment, able to gracefully manage a fluctuating workload. Knowledge of healthcare operational practices and principles and experience participating in the implementation of an activity or strategy in a department, hospital or system environment. Also knowledge of tracking and reporting tools and application in use for clinical process improvement initiatives.
– Develop project management techniques and tools to track Site Specialist/Trainer and Data Management teams and multi-disciplinary projects, clinical work-groups, system upgrade timelines and optimization features and functionality tooling.
– Analyzes and interprets patient, clinical, provider, or information systems data to improve and drive clinical and provider workflow enhancements and optimization of patient care services.
– Provides knowledge of healthcare operational practices and principles as it relates to the tools of the EHR system.
– Leads clinical workgroups and teams to optimize the staffs’ use of the EHR application, implementation of new systems and functionality, workflow optimization, and use of data and reports for quality improvement.
– Oversee and manage integrity reports to manage the competency and efficiency use of new modules of care, features, and functionality across all care programs.
– Knowledge of EHR-reporting tools and experience in clinical process improvement initiatives and advanced application learning principles and system design standards.
– Develops Epic training program and oversees the Site Specialist, Trainers and Super User program to ensure training and documentation by role occurs consistently.
– Coordinating user training and ongoing support for the day-to-day operations and overall system function.
– Reviews EHR release notices for relevance and disseminates to appropriate Site Specialists, Team and Quality Assurance teams.
– Oversees user acceptance testing (UAT) with partners and facilitates testing of, upcoming changes to the Epic EHR.
– Manages the oversight of partner’s JIRA system and internal JIRA system to ensure clinical support is provided timely.
– Works with the data team to track various clinical metrics, including measuring the impact of, and compliance with, clinical changes implemented.
– Conducting technical training needs assessments, developing training efficiencies and learned programs and other resources for staff to increase optimization of the EPIC system.
– Basic familiarity with regulatory, legal and compliance issues in healthcare such as TJC, HIPAA, FDA, HRSA, CMS, OIG
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Master’s Degree preferred in Informatics or related clinical field with 3-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Involved in or led an implementation of a new clinical information project or system, in the past 3-5 years
– 3-5 years’ management experience in a clinical, hospital or healthcare-related environment