Challenging and fast-paced software development and implementation of complex internet applications for our web “community” where as many as 20,000 customers at a time may be accessing our client’s site worldwide.
This position requires a self-motivated, responsible and dedicated team player. This person must be motivated by quality. This person should be flexible and open-minded about solutions and methods for achieving quality. This person must enjoy working with a variety of people who will have differing levels of knowledge and skill about technology and development. This person must be hungry for information and a creative thinker but remain able to focus and follow processes. This person should be enthusiastic about finding problems and positively communicating them so that the team can correct the issue before the end user is impacted.
Primary Responsibilities but not limited to:
– Work with a team of developers and stakeholders to produce quality releases
– Create and implement detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
– Perform thorough functional and regression testing throughout the SDLC
– Assist in product releases by testing and validating fixes and features
– Investigate and collaborate to understand Agile user story acceptance criteria, which will be used as the basis of QA testing
– Maintain and groom multiple Agile backlogs
– Work with developers to define and quantify tasks that will accomplish the criteria of the user story
– Facilitate communication between stakeholders and developers as needed
– Advocate for assigned products’ stories priorities, and work as a member of the product owner team to balance priorities against development resources to achieve the optimum efficiency and effectivity
– Multi-year experience in application quality assurance as a Product Owner
– Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.
– Strong knowledge of application QA methodologies, tools and processes.
– Experience in writing technical QA documentation, help documents and release notes.
– Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
– Solid knowledge of SQL.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.