Challenging and fast-paced software development and implementation of complex internet applications for our web “community” where as many as 20,000 customers at a time may be accessing our client’s site worldwide.
This position requires a self-motivated, responsible and dedicated team player. This person must be motivated by quality. This person should be flexible and open-minded about solutions and methods for achieving quality. This person must enjoy working with a variety of people who will have differing levels of knowledge and skill about technology and development. This person must be hungry for information and a creative thinker but remain able to focus and follow processes. This person should be enthusiastic about finding problems and positively communicating them so that the team can correct the issue before the end user is impacted.
Primary Responsibilities but not limited to:
– Work with a team of developers and stakeholders to produce quality releases.
– Identify, record, thoroughly document and track work items.
– Create and implement detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
– Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
– Perform thorough functional and regression testing throughout the SDLC.
– Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing applications.
– Assist in product releases by testing and validating fixes and features.
– Liaise with internal teams ( developers, product managers, stakeholders, users, etc.,) to identify specifications and technical details.
– Investigate user reported issues, troubleshoot and document reproduction steps or help users to understand features and tools.
– Assist writing help and release documents.
– Multi-year experience in application quality assurance.
– Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.
– Strong knowledge of application QA methodologies, tools and processes.
– Experience in writing technical QA documentation, help documents and release notes.
– Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
– Solid knowledge of SQL.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.