Sacramento, CA | Full time, Direct Hire
Do you have an analytical, problem-solving nature and a background with servers/networking and a love for block and tackle for cyber intrusions?
Our client, consistently voted “Best Place to Work” in Sacramento by its’ employees, is adding to the infrastructure team. Excellent compensation, time off policy, health, dental, 401k and quality work environment. Will sponsor Security+cert.
We are seeking a junior to intermediate level Engineer “Swiss Army Knife” with an emphasis on Information Security. Job responsibilities include server administration, networking with CISCO equipment, SAN technology support and projects involving information security.
• Installs, configures and maintains network servers and switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers.
• Maintaining user accounts, Active Directory, managing the network resources.
• Configures and maintains network backup hardware and software at all locations to ensure data quality and reliability. Disaster recovery and fault tolerance design experience are required. Strong storage/backup/capacity implementation skills are required.
• Apply engineering and technical principals to the design and development of networks, control systems, cyber-security infrastructure, information technology systems and tools, and database systems to support the defensive cyber-security requirements of the company.
• Configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls; Cisco VOIP; SSL encryption w/ digital certificates; event monitoring tools such as SIEM tools; patch management tools; enterprise AV; enterprise backup solutions; web security appliances; email security appliances; VPN; following, creating, and maintaining quality technical documentation; project management; change control processes.
• Requires knowledge of network equipment; server hardware; SAN storage; TCP/IP; AD; Group Policy; DNS; DHCP; VLAN; DMZ; Windows Server OS; MS Exchange; MS SQL; MS IIS; Remote Desktop Services; VMWare vCenter, ESXi, and VDI.
• Minimum five years experience working in designing and supporting of a network and server environment. Administration/ maintenance/ design with an understanding of the business processes being supported. Experience in multi-platform network environment.
• Two years experience in planning, implementing and maintaining defensive cyber-security controls.
• CCNA or equivalent experience required.