Davis, CA | Full-time, Direct Hire
Our client is one of a kind in its’ industry, the company has never had lay-offs, provides a cross between academic and start-up culture where projects are ongoing, deadlines are reasonable but the work is challenging. You have a seat at the table when it comes to ideas and decisions. Work with people who thrive on building robust web applications with a fun group of people. Lots of variety, no siloes.
• Growing and profitable entrepreneurial firm, with 50k+ clients on a continuous basis
• 28 years providing a unique SAAS web-based solution for the healthcare industry
• Collaborative work environment, enjoyable atmosphere
• Latest Microsoft technologies
• Flexible hours provide a balance between life/work
• Laid back casual environment
As a Search Engine Solutions Developer, you will design, develop and support a world-class search platform that is robust, efficient and maintainable. In this role, you will use your expertise in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices to challenge what exists and implement improvements to best meet evolving business requirements. You will drive algorithm and architecture design and set a vision and objectives for the future of Search Services. Work with a forward-thinking, collaborative team to engineer cutting edge solutions.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• Windows and .NET experience desirable
• 2+ years of hands-on Solr experience preferred or equivalent experience with other search technologies
• 2+ years software development experience in Java
• 2+ years experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
• some Business Relations experience a plus