Our client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to help launch several new, strategic enterprise solutions, optimize existing business-process solutions, implement critical network and infrastructure improvements core to helping optimize the business environment. We are seeking an experienced professional with their Security+, Network+ credentials. This is a challenging engagement that will allow you to use your skills in Network Engineering, Disaster Recovery, Security and Business Intelligence.
This is a two-year engagement. Pays to $85.00 an hour depending on experience.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be assessing and implementing various systems and solutions to provide a secure and stable infrastructure included the activities below:
Network Infrastructure Optimizations – This project entails the auditing of the existing network infrastructure, recommending re-organizational transitions and site relocations as needed, circuit changes, network re-configuration and cost estimates as required.
Enhanced Network Security Planning and Implementation – This initiative involves coordination with the security teams in defining requirements, providing recommendations for process improvements and validating controls – with the goal of enhancing existing business application protections.
Technology Recovery Solution Implementation – This networking aspect will provide the department additional security and protection and recovery related to integrity preservation of various systems, solutions and data in the event of an unforeseen, department-wide outage to its computing environment.
Designs, implementations and training on business intelligence initiatives created in a variety of solution, including tools usable within Server, Network and Help Desk disciplines, as well as end-user consumable intelligence on Enterprise Architecture, application, service and network health
Analysis and best-practice implementation, constantly improving the Department’s security stance, in alignment with CA State ISO audit requirements.
Continuous upgrades and fortification of the department’s network and communications infrastructure as threats evolve and needs change.
Other projects and initiatives related to improvements or updates to the department’s application architectures, infrastructures, and Cloud solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer with the following work experience at an ENTERPRISE level:
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and managing enterprise projects in large diverse environments
– Minimum 5 years’ experience providing service and support to enterprise environments
– Minimum two (2) years’ experience developing solutions for SEIM, Log Management, Machine Learning and Compliance
– Minimum five (5) years’ experience with security protocols, Federal and State security publications including NIST, FIPS, SAMM and SIM.
– Minimum five (5) years’ experience with various network security and monitoring concepts and technologies, including SolarWinds, CA NetQos, Cascade Pilot/Wireshark, Network Access Control and IDS/IPS
– Minimum five (5) years’ experience with networking protocols and technologies to include TCP/IP, OSPF, QoS, VoIP, VPN, Trunking, Spanning Tree, and Layer 3 switching.
– Minimum five (5) years’ experience in deploying, operating, and maintaining various network environments including voice, data, video, wireless, security, router/switch
– Experience with Windows 7 and 10 to include the following: Windows registry, local/domain user security, and Windows network security optimization.
– Experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 server including the following: Active Directory replication, knowledge of OU structures, AD security, DNS, DHCP, group policy and group policy preferences
– A thorough working knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network – (LAN) concepts with 8 – 10 years of experience.
– Security+, Network+ credentials